Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week 16: Movement

This week, I have experienced one of the most wonderful moments in pregnancy - feeling the baby move! Earlier this week, I noticed these flutterying movements while lying in bed at night. The baby books/websites call this "quickening." As the days have went by, I've even started feeling the fluttering movement in the car and while I'm at work sitting quietly at my desk. It's so sweet and I love feeling these random little movements....they always give me a reason to smile and thank God for the blessings in my life.
The next few weeks, baby will double it's weight and add inches to it's length. Tiny bones are forming in baby's ears...which means baby can now pick up my voice! Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. In addition, baby's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment